Last night made the first of (many) trips to get ice cream. We love going out for ice cream. It is such a treat. And yesterday seemed like the perfect night to go. We usually head off to Latham, but decided to try a place here in Troy. So, at 7:30pm we headed out only to find that the place was closed. I was very disappointed. Luke said theres Friendly's. Now, I do enjoy Friendly's ice cream, however, I wasn't looking for that particular kind. I had my heart set on something different (not sure what that was at the moment though). Then Luke remembered he had driven by a place on Rte 5. Sure enough, there it was. I could see the sign from a ways back. Snow Man it was called. I got very excited. I was going to get ice cream afterall. Of course if we hadn't found a place, I could have settled on some at home in our freezer (but its just not the same). I ended up getting a creamsicle twist (a medium at that). It was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S! 1/2 vanilla; 1/2 orange sherbet. Luke got some sort of mocha coffee flavored one.
Well, our first of many trips to the local ice cream parlor was a success. Hope you all enjoy your first trip out for ice cream! I would love to hear about it!
~l&a williams~
You are ADORABLE! I am actually not a big ice cream fan, until summer hits! But Jim - he craves it all year long! Ha!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back to blogging! Ice cream story: on the way home from watering an out-of-town friend's plants, boys in pj's in the backseat, had no choice but to pass up 3 local ice cream places and zipped into the McD's drive-thru. No boys out of the car, and only a McFlurry for the Mom, cuz only those who eat all their dinner get ice cream! LOL
ReplyDelete